To assist with the development of tools and applications that use the Canadian Government’s datasets, ParliamentData.ca aims to bridge the gap between the existing convoluted document structure of the existing parl.gc.ca website.
Similar to REST protocol, the API structure is as follows:
http://api.parliamentdata.ca/dataset [ /identifier [, identifier [, … ] ] /collection ]
All requests return a JSON string of the resulting query that includes a
_meta object and a
There are still quite a lot of things to do within the API. However, pulling the raw data for the most part is fully functional for the existing datasets.
I am taking requests for features and items that would be good to add so if you do have something that you would like to see, please don’t hesitate in contacting me .
Items planned to implement in no particular order:
- Add “Publications” datasource
- Add “Meetings” datasource
- Allow for manipulation and limiting of data during call:
- Add the “rolls” array items to the representative details
- Clean up some of the objects
- Standardize geographical locations
- Remove redundant items
- Add ability to capture individual items of committees rather than always showing everything